Reporting Enterobacter sakazakii - Minnesota Dept. of Health

Reporting Cronobacter (Enterobacter) sakazakii 

On this page:
What to report
How to report
Submitting clinical materials
Who is required to report

What to report

Cronobacter sakazakii (formerly Enterobacter sakazakii) in infants under 1 year of age must be reported to MDH within one working day.

How to report Cronobacter (Enterobacter) sakazakii

  • Yellow Disease Report Card
    This disease may be reported using the MDH "Yellow Card."
    • Cronobacter sakazakii Form
      This supplemental FoodNet form should be sent with the Yellow Card with reporting Cronobacter sakazakii to the Minnesota Department of Health.

  • Phone
    Any reportable infectious disease may be reported by phone to 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.

Submitting clinical materials

For Cronobacter (Enterobacter) sakazakii, submission of clinical materials (isolate, if available) to MDH is required by rule.

Who is required to report

  • Health care practitioners (health care facilities, medical laboratories, and in certain circumstances veterinarians and veterinary medical laboratories) are required to report disease to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) under Minnesota state law.
    • Unless previously reported, every licensed health care provider who provides care to any patient who has, is suspected of having, or has died from a reportable disease is required to report.
  • Any person in charge of any institution, school, child care facility, or camp is also required to report disease to MDH.

Updated Tuesday, 29-Jan-2019 16:44:54 CST